Friday, January 11, 2008

Warm, it up Britton! I'm about to!

Sorry for the early 90's Kriss Kross song reference.  We're in a bit of a more encouraging mood today.  I was down there for the first hour of his warming (1/2 degree per hour).  Each time they've checked his vitals, they have been perfect...not just good NICU numbers, but good newborn numbers.  Britton's blood gases, pulse, temperature are all where they need to be.  Emily stayed for the 2nd heat cycle.  We've had lots of visitors today that actually got to view him.  Only bad thing is we can't even touch him today.  I believe last we heard his body temp was 93.5.  

Keep up the prayers.  We are still humbled by how many have been praying for this child--a classroom at Vestavia elementary, a high school in Romania, an entire college in Illinois, churches everywhere, missionaries in Ukraine, friends in San Fran, Boston, H-town, the STL, all my fellow Longhorn addicts at orangebloods.com.  We've even had people on our blog from Norway, Italy and Latvia!?  

Here's a video from this morning.  Britton has a more modest pose here, thankfully!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so amazing!!! It thrills my soul every time I read your blogs.. I've been checking it several times yesterday and today, thank you to you both for allowing me to share in your joy and praise to God! Britton is in my prayers as the warming continues..it is such an amazing miracle that all of his vitals have been normal newborn vitals..Praise God!! In His Love,
Katie Goggans,RN

Sissy Lynn said...

What wonderful news! I am so amazed at Britton's strength and determination. God has wonderful plans for this little boy. And He has great plans for Mommy and Daddy, too... Your faith is so inspiring to me and to so many people.

Thanks for keeping us posted through this blog. Keep the encouraging news coming! In the meantime, I'll continue praying!

Sissy

Elenturi said...

God is so good and He never ceases to amaze me with all He can do. I am still praying for all three of you.

Anonymous said...

Danny and Emily,
It is such a blessing to get to know Britton through your blog. We are thankful we can share in praying for all of you during these first days of Britton's miracles. Praise the Lord for each one! It fills my eyes with tears as I read your comments. Your strength is amazing! Ralph and I send our love to all of you. We look forward to reading more encouraging news about Britton's progress and to meeting Britton when you bring him to visit grandparents in Carrollton.
Marilyn H.

Abbie said...

Hi Danny and Emily- I have been checking the blog often and becoming more amazed each time. I have been praying for Britton, as well as the two of you, every day. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this little boy! He has already touched so many lives in 4 days. It's awesome to see the hand of God at work. Thank you for sharing your journey. Still praying!
Abbie McElroy Copus