Tuesday, January 29, 2008

He's Come a Long Way

Today is Britton's 3-week birthday! Our baby boy has come such a long way since he was born. It is a daily occurrence to hear someone on his medical team comment on what a miracle he is.

Then (January 8):

Three weeks ago today, Britton was on a ventilator ... he was white as a sheet & getting blood transfusions ... his kidneys were struggling to function ... he wasn't responsive ... he couldn't eat.

Now (January 29):

Today, Britton is breathing room air ... his color is good ... his hematocrit (red blood cell count) is normal ... his kidneys are working great ... his heart, lungs, liver & "gut" are functioning well ... he is eating very well & gaining weight ... his legs & arms are getting stronger ... he is responsive & making eye contact!

How blessed we are to have this beautiful, little person in our lives! We will never forget, or let him forget, the miracle that took place so early in his life.

5 comments:

Meridith said...

He is so beautiful!!! You are all in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

My daily routine includes checking this blog once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Sometimes I check it more frequently in the day just so I can see all the beautiful pictures of Britton. I really want to thank the both of you for keeping this blog. It comforts me to know that you guys have such a great network of friends and family in Birmingham. Selfishly I want to be there and your blog updates make me feel at ease. Little Britton is getting so strong and I know he'll be home before long. I will continue to keep all three of you in my prayers.

All my love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

He has truly come a long way. He is such a handsome man. =)

Anonymous said...

Now that Danny has trained me on how to post a comment.... I check this blog and Ryan, Danica & Will's blog at least a half a dozen times a day. I thought that might be a bit obcessive but there are poeple out there that make me look like a disinterested stranger. Then I found out I could put it on the big screen in HD. That has been fun. Well, enough about me. We continue to marvel at God's goodness and mercy. How faithful He has been to our cries, of ABBA, Father. When we didn't know how or what to pray for, He knew our hearts.(these Medical terms have been new to me.) I marvel at the Ministry opportunity that this little guy has created.
The News is good. God is Great.

Daddy Doug and GM Giffen(Gi Gi)

Anonymous said...

We continue to lean with you, guys, and love you very, very much . . especially Britton. :)
-- Yvi and Scott