Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mom's First Visit

It's hard to write these blogs without getting swelled with pride, overcome with emotion and pleading for God to show mercy on this precious son of ours. This morning was incredible to see the progress Britton has made (or lack of regression). The neurologist made his first visit mid-morning--all looked good (no seizures still) Until he warms up though they won't be able to get an accurate EEG, EKG or MRI. We have about 40 hours until he is off the cooling blanket and then they will slowly warm him until he gets stabilized. So I assume, Sunday afternoon or Monday morning we will begin the neurological tests. I've been reading the Psalms this week and one that I still feel comforting and expresses my heart is Psalm 130.

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits and in his word I hope: my soul waits for the Lord more than the watchman in the morning, more than the watchman in the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love and with him is plentiful redemption."

I have visited him three times this morning and he continues to amaze me how beautiful he looks. We are truly thankful that God has brought him to our lives. I can't wait to play catch with him and take him to his first Longhorn game.

This video is Emily's first visit to see Britton at about 14 hours old.


1 comment:

Elenturi said...

Danny and Emily, I am so glad you are getting videos of little Britton. Not so much for those of us who can't visit, but also to show him as he gets older. These videos could have a profound impact on his life (ok, maybe I'm getting carried away, but you never know).