Thursday, January 10, 2008

Britton Day 3

Here is a quick update on the little boy ... he looks like he is doing pretty good today. 
* He is getting a platelet transfusion right now (there was a national platelet shortage, so we are grateful that we finally have platelets to give him!)
* He is starting to produce urine! Huge praise. They had to give him Lasix to kick start the kidneys, but in the last 30 minutes, he put out 17ccs. His kidney function is one of the biggest concerns right now. He produced about 11ccs over the night. Please pray that his kidney function picks up!
* As Danny reported last night, Britton had a brain ultrasound last night to determine the level of bleeding in the brain. We are waiting for the official report from the neurologist, but the initial report from the tech was that it was "good." This is the first test giving us a picture of the state of his brain. There will be more tests coming on Monday. We will update tonight hopefully with the report from the radiologist of last night's ultrasound.

Here is a quick video taken yesterday:

6 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Dear Emily and Danny,
I am so glad Britton is improving. Please know you are in our prayers and I am so inspired by your posts. I look forward to having quality time with Henry while Sarah visits with yall.

Sincerely,
Meg Montgomery Fuller

Julie said...

Danny and Emily,

I check your blog at least 4 to 5 times a day and I am very thankful for the encouraging news from the past few days. The pictures and videos are wonderful!!! He is precious in every way. Now that I know we have a little boy...I know how to smock accordingly.

Please continue to keep us posted and how we can pray specifically.

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Danny and Emily-

Keri and I are praying for your family, especially little Britton! As you wrote in your blog, may God grant Britton mercy and sustain him!

Scott Adams

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
Lisa sent me your blog address, and I am so glad to be able to know how you and your precious baby are doing. I know your mom is so proud to be a grandmother, and Aunt Peggy a Great-grand! We will be praying for you! Love, Kristin

Brad and Emily said...

Dear Danny, Emily, and Britton-
We've been receiving updates from my mom via First Methodist. Britton is precious, and your family is in our prayers.
Blessings,
Emily, Brad, and Anna Claire McKenzie

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily and Danny,
Lamont and I are both praying for Britton's complete healing. We are also praying for the both of you for God to sustain you during this time. Thanks for sharing with us via internet. It is like we are getting to know little Britton ourselves. I have already fallen in love with him. I am so thankful for the encouaging news. Just know that we love you both and will continue to lift you up in prayer along with little Britton!
Joyce Scarbrough