Monday, January 14, 2008

An Update On Us

Many of you have asked what is going on with us ...

We checked out of the hospital on Saturday, and moved over to the hotel on the hospital campus. We plan to stay here through this Saturday. It is great to be just a short walk from the NICU, and we are enjoying just sitting by Britton's bedside during the day. As parents, we can be with him all but 4 hours during the day. We are grateful for the generous visiting hours. After Saturday, we will most likely be back home and will drive to the hospital frequently to see him. Hopefully, he won't be here too much longer from that point.

I (Emily) am feeling very good. My energy and appetite is back, and I'm off all pain meds. The walking trek through the hospital is good for me as I recover from the surgery. I can't believe that tomorrow will be the 1-week mark. It has certainly been an emotional whirlwind for both of us.

Danny is busy today running errands and working on his plan for ordination. He was supposed to take the remainder of his ordination tests tomorrow, but we are hoping they will give him a bit more time--hopefully us Presbyterians understand grace. :) It is our hope that he will be able to be examined for ordination at the February 12th Presbytery as planned.

Thanks for asking about us. Again (and we say this with every post), it is your prayers, love and concern that are helping us through this very difficult time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys are doing well, I know this is so draining for you , but the Lord gives us strength when we need it because He is there to lean on for support. We pray for you and Danny and Britton daily. By the way, he looks like a Giffen.=) And I love his name I wasn't sure if it was pronounced with a long or short i until I heard you say it on the video. Take care and I hope he gets to come home soon.

esther said...

emily,
blaine and i wish there was something we could do for ya'll!! we hate that we can't just run over and see ya'll. you are all three in our hearts and prayers everyday! i miss you and love you!
-esther

Mary-Dare said...

So glad you are feeling better and more like yourself. I love the sign for Britton's room. It will go perfect with the bedding and the rest. We will definitely be praying about his upcoming tests over the next couple of days. It is so amazing how so many people have fallen in love with your little wonder. I can't wait to see him as he grows. God must have HUGE plans for him.
Love to you all...

Mary-Dare

Elenturi said...

I am so glad to learn that the two of you are doing better and also pray that Britton will be home soon. I am still praying for all three of you.