Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mid-terms

Yes, I did just finish seminary so I don't personally study for these anymore, but Britton is 1/2 way through his neurological exams. He had his EEG this morning a little before 8 a.m. The tech did not convey anything to us which, we hope, is a good sign. Typically only when something is really abnormal does the Neurologist come by... so no news is good news. He had his UAC (umbilical catheter) removed this morning as well which is a big step in us being able to hold him. Emily held him for about 25 minutes today, but his oxygen saturation kept dipping so that will need to be resolved. He's been a bit fussy which is a good thing.

One of our favorite little gifts has been a CD player we received for the NICU. He hasn't gotten into some of my favorite indie bands yet, but he does have some good tunes like some baby praise & hymn cds. Red Mountain Presbyterian also has a new CD out from the Gadsby Hymnal that he's been listening to some. I think he almost has it memorized. One song that I love is:

High Beyond Imagination

High beyond imagination is the love of God to man;
Far too deep for human reason; fathom that it never can;
Love eternal, richly dwells in Christ the Lamb.
Love like Jesus' none can measure. Nor can dimensions know;
'Tis a boundless, endless river, and its waters freely flow.
O ye thirsty, come and taste its streams below.
Jesus loved and loves forever; Zion on His heart does dwell;
He will never, never, never, leave his church a prey to hell.
All is settled, and my soul approves it well.

God has been pouring his grace into our lives this past week. We have learned to place all our faith and hope in Him. We cannot fathom the depths of Christ's love for us His beloved.

Couple more pics:
Hook 'em Horns





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What good news! We will continue to pray as the test results unfold. I am so glad you were able to hold him today. :)

Sarah Largen said...

I love being able to see his sweet face with those cords slowly getting gone & I know this was such a sweet moment getting to hold little peanut. Love you guys and thanks for keeping us posted & for being so open about what you are going through.

Sissy Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Little Britton looks very content in Mommy and Daddy's arms!

I look forward to hearing more good news from Britton's test results. Reading all the trials you have had to go through so far has made me appreciate my children even more. I realize I should never take their health for granted. Thanks for helping me put things into perspective!

Sissy

Wood Gurlz said...

so unbelievably sweet to see y'all holding little britton--he will benefit so much from your nearness! we'll keep checking in on y'all...
love, Britton and Elizabeth Wood

Anonymous said...

Danny and Emily, I have been keeping up with your incredible blog and am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed and blessed by being a witness to the amazing miracles the Lord is working in Britton and your new family! I'm so excited to see how he is progressing, and glad you are finally able to hold that precious little boy! My fervent prayers will continue... wish I was there in person!