Friday, December 5, 2008

A Brilliant Shade of Red

I am in love with these red leaves! Our Japanese Maple turns this beautiful color red for, oh, about one week each year:


Last year (Britton &) I were able to take a picture with it before all the leaves fell off (and before Britton decided he had had enough of the womb). Here we are just 4 weeks before Britton was born (oooo, my puffy face!):

But this year, it turned colors while we were out of town for Thanksgiving, and I've been trying to get Britton out there for a picture all week, but it's been rainy and cold and just hasn't worked out. Since the branches are mostly bare now, I decided Britton would look just as adorable sitting on a pile of red leaves...









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable!
Joybear

Anonymous said...

he would look adorable no matter what the background! it always brings me joy to see pictures of his sweet smiling face. still in awe of our Lord for the miracle that he is. won't this Christmas be fun:)?