Wednesday, January 16, 2008


So far, today has been monumental! We have not yet had the opportunity to speak with the neurologist yet, but we did see the MRI report. It came back NORMAL!!!!! We are so excited! We will find out tomorrow the neurologist's interpretation of the MRI, EEG & head ultrasound, but the initial report from the radiologist is that the MRI is normal. Needless to say, we are overjoyed and relieved and a thousand other emotions.

In other news, Britton took his first bottle just a few minutes ago! Poor guy has been without food for 8 days. It is complicated for preemies to get the suck, swallow & breathe functions down, so the feeding starts out pretty slow. He just took 10ccs of milk and did pretty well. It only took him about 5 minutes or so to get it all down. They will feed him 10ccs every 3 hours. We are glad the boy is finally getting some food!

Praise God for the wonderful developments today!




Britton grins


Not so sure about this burping business

9 comments:

Sarah Largen said...

Henry & I are over here celebrating! Woo-hoo, it keeps getting better and better! I'm so thankful & happy for this report straight from above. So fabulous.

Sissy Lynn said...

What a relief! I'm so happy for you all. God is really watching over this little boy.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how thrilled I am for Britton!! I almost jumped out of my chair at work! Then I teared up...Ok I cried..like a baby. I can't wait to be with y'all again. God is so good!

Love you both!

--Oh and I love the last picture of Britton getting burped. Too funny.

Mary-Dare said...

I am so thrilled for you all. I am over joyed that you all have received such good news. This whole experience has touched my life and given me a much needed boost in my faith. What a blessing God has given... Continuing to pray and think of you often.

Love you-
MD

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful boy! What a miracle! (and VERY cute hiccups!)

Sara Odajima

Danielle said...

Emily, your mom told us about the MRI at choir last night, and I wanted to cry. We are so happy for you! Praise God! And it's a great sign that he's getting a bottle and burping already! YAY! :)
- Danielle and John T.

Julie said...

I have never been so excited to read about hiccups, bottles, and burping! Way to go little man! Keep up the good work.

Julie Corman

Anonymous said...

As I sit here reading your blog, my heart rejoices for little Britton and for the 2 of you!! Praise God!! I was telling some of the other nurses in the Birth Suites about how he was doing, and they were amazed, just couldn't believe it, and I kept assuring them that he is a miracle from God! I was also telling them of the vast number of people who are praying for this blessed child, and how God is answering prayers every day!! He truly is a miracle and I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am for your family!! All 3 of you are in my prayers everyday!! I know that God has some wonderful plans for this little guy!! He's already using him to touch so many others' lives!! oh and all the pictures and videos are precious!! Praise God for the wonderful test results..I am just in awe of God and the miracles He has done in little Britton!!
In His Grace,
Katie Goggans,RN

Elenturi said...

I agree with what Katie Goggans,RN said. I truly believe that God has already started to use Britton in the lives of so many people.