Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On the Road

While Danny vacationed in Vermont with some of his college buddies last weekend, Britton & I packed up and headed west. We spent a couple of days in Memphis visiting friends, and then went down to Oxford, Miss. to visit my sister. We had a great time seeing friends, meeting babies, and spending time with family. Britton continues to be a great traveler for which I am so thankful. I was wondering how he might do now that he is a bit older and doesn't sleep like a new baby does, but he did great. Slept the entire time there and back. Can't ask for anything more! Here is a photo recap of our trip:


My friend Elizabeth meets the little guy. She spent about 100 hours knitting a beautiful blanket for our boy!


B with Donald (Elizabeth's hubby).


Puppies! A well-groomed Hattie and Oliver tolerated our scraggly Piper while we stayed with them in Memphis.


Two little prayed-for miracle boys! Britton and I finally got to meet baby Wyatt, the son of my friends Mary-Dare and Lee. Wyatt is about two months younger than Britton, however, they were only due about 3 weeks apart so they are right at the same size.



Me holding Britton and Jane, Wyatt's big sister.


We would certainly be on our toes all the time if we had a sweet & sassy Miss Jane running around our house. She is a fun little girl!

On to Oxford ...

We hit Bottletree, one of my favorite spots in Oxford, where Britton ponders THE Bottletree cinnamon roll. To eat or not to eat?


Handsome boy.


Britton fits right into my crazy family.

post signature

1 comment:

Elizabeth McGee Brown said...

Yay! I made the blog! :) Jame would be so proud! I had such a wonderful time with you guys. Little Britton just stole my heart! I'll have to come to Birmingham to retrieve it. I am working on the first weekend in Nov. I'll let you know!