Sunday, November 18, 2012

TA Arrived!

Our TA (Travel Approval) came on November 7!!! It's official...we are going to China for Collins. We leave on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, and Gotcha Day will be on Monday, November 26! I can hardly wait.

Since we were matched on September 6, this adoption has moved at warp speed. Such a relief to have things move fast after waiting 6+ months for a referral. The typical timeframe from match to travel is usually about 5 or 6 months. We are going from match to travel in 2.5 months. I never in my wildest dreams thought this adoption would move so fast.

When we adopted Lia Kate in 2009, we were an I-600 family (in other words, adoptions were quicker back then), and we went from match to travel in exactly 2 months. Since we brought her home and knew we were going to adopt again, I had been preparing myself to have to look at a sweet picture for 5 or 6 months before we could hold our next child. So thankful that was not the case and that we will be on a plane to China soon! As in, four days soon.

In fact, in exactly a week from now, at this very hour, we will be getting ready to go to the Civil Affairs office to meet CC. Can. Not. Wait.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Tera said...

Simply amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty excited about this also. I have enjoyed the pictures of CC and am impatiently waiting until you get her home and I can hold her as my 12th great-grandchild. My own great-gradnfather only had seven. Don't know when that day will come but it will be a joyful one.

PawPaw Jim