Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Father's Day


In celebration of Father's Day, I commissioned a 12x17 traditional chalk portrait of Britton from a wonderfully talented artist. She (mostly) drew Britton from the picture below, though I had her tweak the outfit and hair. She did such a great job pulling things from a couple of different pictures and still capturing him. I have to say, the picture above looks great, but looking at it in person ... it is so beautiful!


I had a hard time finding a picture of Britton with his mouth closed. He usually smiles big, showing all his baby teeth, and I didn't want his age to be so obvious in the portrait. So, this is one of the few pictures I had to go with. I love how it turned out! And Danny loves it even more! He was so surprised when he first saw it, and this was probably the first time I've been able to surprise him with a gift.

The artist, Diana, was so great to work with that I wanted to share her information. She has some of her other chalk portraits on these two sites: her website and her Etsy site. I look forward to her doing a portrait of our little girl ... some day, that is!

Happy Father's Day, Danny!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow Emily.... what an awesome gift!!! It looks just like Britton and totally captures his little personality! Great idea!

Julia said...

this is so sweet! i can't wait to see it in person!

Diana said...

Emily, I am so glad he likes and was suprised. Britton is such a darling!