Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day '09!

Updated: A few more pictures and some video clips added at the bottom ...

When I designed the new look of the blog last week, I was expecting Spring weather from here on out. Imagine my surprise when I woke up to a white wonderland this morning! I had heard about the impending snow for the last several days, but didn't believe it would actually happen. I went into Britton's room to get him out of bed this morning, and I opened up his curtains to let him see what lay outside. He got so excited (not that he knew what snow was)! I guess he just knew something was different. I plopped him in front of all the windows in our den and let him watch (and watch) the beautiful falling snow. Then, we ventured out in it ...


Watching the snow first thing this morning.




All ready to go out in the snow! He looks thrilled, huh? Lucky us, we had a snow suit in his size on hand, thanks to our upcoming ski trip.


He didn't like the falling snow hitting his face!


Where is that white stuff coming from?


Our house covered in white.






Even Piper got his first taste of snow.


We came back in and cozied up ...


... and watched a DVD ...


...and drank a cup of hot chocolate. His first.


Cheers, Baba (Mama)!




What a fun snow morning this guy had?!

Updated: A few more pictures and some videos ...

Britton watching the snow (and making funny faces):

(Yes, that's our Diaper Champ in the background. It was supposed to be airing out, but instead was collecting snow.)

A few clips of the winter wonderland our house was:














My photogenic boys!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Snowing lots in Atlanta too. Love you guys. ~ Tia Yvi and Uncle Scott

Anonymous said...

The snow is beautiful - we didn't get anything but a "dusting". He may not have enjoyed outside very much , but he'll enjoy these pictures in a few years!! Give B a hug for me.
GMarna

Kim said...

britton's snow experience looks a lot like miller's. we definitely spent way more time getting ready to go out than out! poor miller though, he did not have any snow gear!

Unknown said...

Emily,

I love the new blog design. Also, thanks for sharing the snow pics with us. Britton is so cute in his little snow outfit. He is such a big boy now. Would love to see y'all

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS! Absolutely priceless!
Your pics really made me smile!