Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Ski Trip

We spent last week in beautiful Park City, Utah, skiing at our favorite place -- Deer Valley. It was unbelievably beautiful out there! A sweet family in our church owns a condo there so we took a group of friends. It is always risky to plan a March ski trip, but we couldn't have asked for better snow conditions. It started snowing the night we got there, and then, the last day it dumped 14 inches of snow. Crazy powder. I have lots of pictures of our fun times. It took me a while to download and organize them as they came from four different cameras -- our Nikon SLR, our point & shoot, and both of our camera phones. Technology these days. Sigh.


On our way ... about to take off. This was our first time flying with Britton since he has been mobile. It was tough, and our first taste of what it's going to be like to fly home from China with a one-year-old!


Our first day of skiing. We love to ski together! This was our fifth trip since we've been married. I have to say, I've gotten tons better, and now consider myself a solid blue/double blue skier. This will astound anyone who went with me on my first trip in high school.


Beautiful blue sky on a clear day.




On top of the mountain. Me (left) with Loren. It was mega windy this day, and the snow blowing off the top of the mountain felt like shards of glass hitting you. Fun times.




Snowy day on the lift.


Clayton and Loren.


Did I mention we got some good snow? ;o)




On a clearer day, Heidi, Loren and me. So much fun to ski with people at your level. The three of us skied well together.


On the days Danny & I both skied, Britton stayed in the child daycare at the bottom of the mountain. Only two more years and he'll be old enough for ski school! He is riding the rocking horse in this picture.


Lunch Break. On the days I didn't ski, Britton & I would meet Danny and the gang for lunch.


Heather, John & Heidi.




Clayton, Bryan, Mary Allison, Lucy & Loren


I have to include this picture of the really tall dude at the lodge. I am wondering where this guy finds ski clothes, and skis, for that matter, in his size.


Riding the Gondola.




Beautiful trees at Deer Valley.

Apres Ski

Danny, Bryan & me.


Me & Heather




Cool Dudes.




It was really cold and Britton was not a fan of all those layers. I think he was glad to get back to our warmer climate!

No comments: