Saturday, November 22, 2008

Out of the mouths ...

UPDATED: How could I forget this one?!

"I love his haircut!" We started hearing this a couple of months ago and usually hear it at least once a week.
Apparently, Britton's hair is growing in as if he were salon-groomed. He has never had a haircut, but his hair is growing in remarkably even-lengthed (like how I made that a word?). And to think, when his hair all fell out in the early days, I thought it would never grow back.
----------------------

Here are a few things we hear on quite a regular basis from Britton's adoring public:


"
She is so adorable." We used to hear this all the time, and still do every now and then. Britton could be dressed in blue, with his hair combed straight and parted on the side and we would pass a lady in the grocery store, who would say, "Look at her! How cute?! She is so adorable." Personally, I think Britton is very boy-ish looking, but with these curls on his head, I can kinda start to see it:


"Look at those dark brown eyes." They're definitely dark, but they're not brown. They are dark grey ... just like mine were as a baby. Danny has hazel-blue eyes, and I have hazel-green eyes, so my guess is that his eyes will one day look like one of ours. For now, I just love his dark grey peepers:


"How's Griffin?" This one cracks me up b/c it happens all the time. Even close friends get 'Britton' mixed up with 'Giffen' and it comes out "Griffin." When discussing names (and potential nicknames) before he was born, this combination never crossed our minds. But it's a common occurrence, and one I imagine he'll be hearing for the rest of his life.

"That's the smiley-est baby I've ever seen!"

On that, we do concur!

2 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

Ok, first of all, he looks nothing like a girl and his eyes are clearly dark gray -- a very cool color. But I will admit that I have called him Griffen on occasion! It's so funny that other people have done the same thing!

The Giffen Family said...

It must be a lil' Giffen boy thing for their hair to grow in evenly. I can't count how many times people have said "it's so cute that you got him a little crew-cut" more like the good Lord gave him that cut ;) That is hilarious people call him Griffen, I've never even put those together. My brother's momnlaw wanted us to name Will, Griffen. Just so he'd be Griffen Giffen. Oh people are funny!