Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Day in the Life of an 8-Month Old

7:30 a.m. Rise & shine, sleepy boy!



Look at my bed head!

8:30 a.m. After a breakfast of bananas and cereal, he is dressed and ready for the day.


9:00 a.m. Britton watches a PraiseBaby DVD and takes a quick nap in the swing while mama gets ready. Yes, we all love PraiseBaby!


10:00 a.m. We go to Early Bird Storytime at the Library with Miss Brandi.

Britton really loves storytime. Today, the babies heard about farm animals.

11:00 a.m. We make a trip to Whole Foods to pick out our Fall mums & pumpkins.



They had lots and lots of pumpkins (gray ones, white ones, orange ones, barnacled ones) on display, so we had an impromptu photo shoot.


That's me next to an $80 pumpkin!


Don't I look like a big boy?




Where's Britton? (Okay, readers, I know it looks like all these pumpkins could topple at any moment and bury our little boy, but trust me, I was not a reckless parent ... the pumpkins were very secure and he was not in danger.)

11:30 a.m. We meet Daddy for a quick lunch. By this time, little man is starving.


12:30 p.m. We're back home, and Britton quickly crashes. It's been a full morning.


2:30 p.m. He's back up and ready to go! He had slobbered all over his sheet (I should have checked for a tooth then!). So, I had to change the crib sheet, which is no easy task.



Playing in his crib. He thinks it's the coolest thing to sit up in the crib.

2:45 p.m. Snack time. Britton is working on finger foods and is eating toast and bananas today. This is when I discovered he had cut his first tooth!


3:30 p.m.
Playtime on the floor in the nursery. Britton could play here all day. He never gets tired of his toys.



Drinking water like a big boy. He loves his cup and he loves to drink water!

5:30 p.m. Britton has Daddy-time while Mama goes to the gym.


6:45 p.m. Dinner time. Tonight, Britton is having cauliflower & tomatoes, pureed garbanzo beans, and cinnamon apples.


7:30 p.m. We begin Britton's night-time routine -- the 4 Bs...
Bath.


Book.

Reading...


Chewing... what else is a teething babe to do?

Bottle.


Bed.


8:30 p.m. All tucked in.

Night-night, buddy!

4 comments:

Meridith said...

Such a happy boy!!!

And I love the new look for your blog!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was that perky (and cute)when I woke up every morning!

Love the new look for the blog.

Anonymous said...

cool idea, Em. Danny, looking good. ~ Uncle Scott

Ann Catherine said...

Is Britton ever frowning? He's all smiles! What a precious little boy! I love following the blog - love the new look.