Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nothing for Granted

Thank you, dear friends, for all of the kind emails we have received regarding Britton's latest test results. A couple, in particular, really struck us and we thought we would share. Many of you, admittedly sometimes like us, may be immune to all the "good news" we have shared over the months about Britton because, frankly, there has been so much of it. First, he crossed seemingly insurmountable hurdles, then big hurdles, then little hurdles, and now we're just living the "normal" life of parenting a 3-month old. The emails today from two friends reminded us, especially, of the truly miraculous nature of Britton's healing and that we should take no bit of good news for granted. Since we didn't ask if we could share their words with the blog world, we'll keep their identities anonymous.

The words of a former pediatric surgeon:
I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I was to go to the blog. Because my first career was caring for birth injured babies, I knew way too much to have any optimism about Britton. I will add this to my short list of unquestioned divine healings.

The words of a friend:
I have been praying for and monitoring Britton's situation. As a father, I greatly empathize with those whose children -- and hence the parents -- suffer. I had little reason to believe, hope really, that Britton's situation would be anything but catastrophic. My wife, you may know, is a labor & delivery nurse, and her take on his future, barring Divine intervention, seemed very dark. Now, to read your blog, I am dumbfounded. How could a child go so long without oxygen and be 100% normal? Praise God. For He is good. I am moved to tears for you, Emily, and your sweet boy.

Praise God!

No comments: