Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Auntie Em Visits

Emily's best friend, Emily, flew in from San Francisco last weekend to meet the littlest Giffen and to spend several days with us. We had so much fun with her, and she had some crazy mad baby skills! Britton loved her and she was a total pro with him.


Em & I met in the 9th grade and have been best friends since. It was a sweet time to share my Britton with her.




Emily came bearing gifts. Here is Britton in one of the cute little outfits courtesy of Emily & her mama.


High school reunion. Our friend James was driving through and stopped by to catch up & to meet Britton. We have all known each other for 16+ years now.


We went to a painting class the other night where we both realized we didn't have such mad skills. But it sure was fun! Here are the canvases about half way through.


Our "Retro Garden" masterpieces (of sorts). My friend Melissa joined us and we had a blast! Painting (or trying to) is so much fun.

post signature

3 comments:

Meridith said...

Looks like ya'll had so much fun!!! You, Em & James all look so GREAT!!! You really haven't changed a bit!! Thank you for sharing!!

black betty said...

man, what a blast from the past! everyone looks great! i miss my james...both emilies, y'all look awesome! :) glad y'all had fun. xoxo

Unknown said...

Britton is amazing and I loved every moment with you guys (plus I learned that my artistic abilities probably won't pay the mortgage)! Em, I was so grateful for the time we got to spend together. Danny, my feelings will be VERY hurt if you don't hang that masterpiece in your office. Thank you both for sharing your home and your beautiful boy. I love you all...
Em