Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Gotcha Day!!!


A year ago today, we met our sweet baby girl for the first time! A year ago, we met a very quiet, frightened and sad little girl. Today, she is a lively, joyful little force to be reckoned with. She has brought so, so much joy to our family. She has made our son a brother ... made us parents to the most precious little girl we could ever imagine having as a daughter ... made us a family of four. Lia Kate, we are so blessed to be your parents. I can't believe it's only been a year. It seems like you've always been here.















7 comments:

Sonya said...

Happy Gotcha Day!! Those pictures are beautiful! Love them! Have a Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

Emily you have such a beautiful family! I remember being glued to my computer last year as I anxiously awaited updates from China. What a special journey. Your pictures are beautiful. Merry Christmas!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Gotcha day!!! We would still love to get our girls together. Gracie loves to look at GangGang's pictures & calls her "My fwiend"!

The Robertson Family said...

I was going to say the same thing as your friend Julie...I remember this time last year watching the computer anxiously for any updates from China! I love the pictures of the family - so precious!

Tutus for Emma Grace said...

I found your blog awhile back through Lifesong- we are also a lifesong family and came home with our daughter in November. I think our Emma Grace looks a lot like your daughter! Congrats on your gotcha day. Many blessings to your family this Christmas! Sarah Fischer

Angie said...

We feel the same way. One year ago with our precious Kau`i went by so fast. Lia Kate is such a beautiful girl. What a great picture of your handsome son and little sister.

andrea said...

I can remember when you guys left for china...great to see how well lia Kate has done....Christmas was fun with our girls wasn't it.