Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Tree

We went shopping for our Christmas tree earlier this month. And in typical fashion, I am just now posting about it! Anyway, we are not picky Christmas tree hunters ... which is why we usually get home and discover giant holes in our trees. Ahh well. I heard Martha Stewart refer to those open spaces as "elf shelfs" and you're supposed to put a wrapped gift in the space. I never knew that.

Back to the subject at hand, we went with the third Christmas tree we looked at. We realized we needed to get out of there quickly as it was a little chaotic with ...

...our two monkeys running around.


But we did take a moment to snap some pictures. I was trying to get a picture of them in the Christmas outfits that my mom and I made, but you can't really see the shirts.


Lia Kate was sporting her first pigtails that day!




Here is one of Britton's Christmas shirts.




As we decorated the tree, I snuck two gifts in and let Britton & Lia Kate find them under the tree. They were excited to open the bags and find some ...


...new Christmas jammies.


Here is the tree after we I decorated it. The kiddos lost interest after hanging up about two ornaments each. There's always next year, huh?


But we all celebrated with some egg nog afterward!

Looking forward to Christmas morning with these two munchkins!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Love the pigtails and the NC Fraser Fir!