Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And Preschool Begins...


My two little ones both started two-year-old preschool this morning! Lia Kate looks thrilled doesn't she? ;o) Actually, she was very excited about "school." Whenever I say the word "school" she says the word "play" or "fun." She got to go a little bit to Mother's Day Out this summer, so she has a taste of what "school" is. They had a great first day and are already home now and napping in their beds. These two will be going to "school" on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9 to 1. Lia Kate is in the transitional two's class, for the kiddos with summer birthdays, and Britton is in a regular two's class. One of Lia Kate's teachers is Miss Leslie, and she loves to say the name "Leslie" now. It is so cute to see her practicing her L's. When I picked her up, she ran to me, as she always does, yelling "mommy, mommy". Her teachers said she had a great day and that she didn't cry a bit. Go girl. When I picked Britton up, he excitedly showed me the stamp on his hand and all the new toys in his room. They said he had a great day and always had a smile on his face. Sweet thing.

We are looking forward to a wonderful first year of preschool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great First Day of PREschool! They look so cute ( and grown up ! ) I know they love to play with others. That's awesome!

I love them both ! GiGi

Kathy said...

So glad they had a great day at Preschool. Thanks for the link to the raincoat. So cute !!! Please send me more great finds !
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Yay!! So glad they both had a good time! I love their lunchboxes!
Luv you all!!
GMarna

Julia said...

This is so wonderful! I am glad they had a great first day (and hopefully second)! And I hope Mama got a much-needed break (in order to conquer the rest of the world, of course). :)

Love you,
Julia