Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Apple Didn't Fall Far From the Tree

We hear all the time that Britton looks just like me or that he looks just like Danny. I personally think he looks a lot like my own mother and brother. But he also has some Giffen in him because he and his first cousin, Will, have a lot of similarities. In person, these two little boys are often mistaken for brothers. My mom, though, pointed out recently that some of Britton's pictures are looking very similar to me as a child. She went digging into old family pictures and found some incriminating evidence. I can definitely see it now. ;o)

Me on left and Britton on right:























Pretty crazy, in my opinion. When I was pregnant with Britton, for some reason, I never imagined him looking like me. I always thought "the baby" (we didn't know he was a boy) would look like Danny. And while Britton may change to look more and more like Danny over the years, there is no denying that he is mine!

10 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, this is too cute! Grandmarna was right!

Margaret said...

Love it!!

GrandMarna

Allison said...

Hey Emily! I've been stalking your blog lately! It's funny to me you needed proof, b/c I've always thought he looks just like you!! Hope you're doing well!!

Thornton's Well said...

He's your little clone (mini me), how Cute! You don't see a child look So similiar very often. Our Graham, is ROb's clone to a T. :-)

Mary-Dare said...

Nope, you can't deny that little one, but who would want to. He is so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

To the World in the Dallas Universe .... I TOLD YOU SO! Love From the "other" grandmother , GiGi

Anonymous said...

WOW, you too look just alike! Although I do see some of Danny in him as well.
Laurie

Katie Caldwell said...

Wow! That is really funny!

Anonymous said...

i've never had the pleasure of meeting you or britton...i thought the moment i first read your blog he looks just like you...he's a cutie pie.

andrea

Pool Installation Newport News said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this.