Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lia Kate's Gotcha Day Movie

Finally, here is Lia Kate's Gotcha Day movie! It took a while to get uploaded ... so without further ado ... here it is:

Lia Kate's Gotcha Day from on Vimeo.

A few comments ...
* I chose not to upload at the highest quality to make the process faster, so it probably will not look good if you try to expand to full screen.

* Thanks to Brandon Blanch for all the great Gotcha Day photos. They are truly treasures!

* You may notice in the movie that our airplane seats aren't exactly of the "economy" variety. It is only because two wonderful, generous women decided to help us book our flights and in the process, and before we knew it, they booked us business class seats and paid for them. It was an amazing gift.

* If we look distracted or unemotional on the actual Gotcha Day ... it is only because the scene is pure chaos! There are babies screaming in the background, people speaking loudly in Chinese to each other, and people talking to us non-stop. Things happen so fast in that room, it is surreal.

* Those of you in the adoption world may have seen a similar Gotcha Day video. Yes, a few things in my video come straight from hers. This was my first iMovie project and I didn't know what I was doing. And ultimately couldn't think of a better way to do it. So, if she ever runs across this, I hope she believes that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

* The movie is kind of long! When I wanted to cut chunks out, I had to remind myself that I was doing this for Lia Kate. And she and Britton both love to watch the movie in its entirety.

* And, lastly, watching this video makes me want to jump on a plane and go adopt all over again!

Hope you enjoy!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Em...that is a beautiful video- you did a great job. It is amazing to see that sad little baby become a lively, vivacious little girl full of personality in such a short time. Love you all,
Grandmarna

Julia said...

What a beautiful journey and transformation. Thank you for sharing it with us along the way.

Julia and Kyle

Sarah Beth said...

I absolutely LOVE the it! You did a wonderful job!!!

Shea said...

Thanks for making me cry first thing in the morning :-)! Loved the video!

If These Walls Could Talk... said...

Emily,
I loved the video! What a wonderful way to show what a transformation has taken place in Lia Kate's life. We are waiting for an LOA and hope to go to China in July to get Mia. I am thankful you think imitation is highest form of flattery, because I may have to use some of your ideas for my own video! :) Anyway... thanks for such a sweet collection of memories.


Ashley Fairley
Gadsden, AL

JBo said...

I loved every second of it! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. I am praising God with you all!!

The Robertson Family said...

Wonderful movie!! What a treasure for Lia Kate to watch one day.

Sylvia Spencer said...

Loved it - thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Mannoia said...

So beautiful - thanks so much for sharing...!

Elizabeth said...

Amazing. Sitting here crying :)

Nancy and Boo said...

Wow---we are sitting here speechless,misty-eyed, and amazed at God's goodness. Please keep us informed about your incredible kids---we think their parents are pretty special too.

Anonymous said...

Precious beyond words to see your and her journeys, intersecting all according to God's sweet plan! And the gradual transformation from "oh so sad" to "happy joy" is nothing short of amazing -- a credit to you both, Emily and Danny, of your constant reassuring love for her. How we love all four of you!

My love,
Aunt Peggy

Design A-Peele said...

What a precious, sweet picture! My husband and I are just about to start our process of adopting from South Korea. We can't wait!