Friday, October 23, 2009

It's a Girl!!!!

We officially have a daughter waiting for us in China! After two plus years of waiting, we finally know her face...

This precious girl with her worried little expression is all ours.

So much information to share ... but I'll get to that in the coming days. For now, here are the basics. Our baby girl is almost 15 months old. Her birthday is July 31!!! If you know me well, you know what a big deal that is. So now, we have three July 31 birthdays in my family -- our daughter, me and my sister. It was meant to be.



She is living in an orphanage in the area near Hong Kong (way down in southern China), and we are hoping to travel in February to go get her. It should take about three months for all of the necessary paperwork to be completed so that we can travel. We are very excited and trust that the next three months will fly by with the holidays and with all we have to do to prepare for our trip and her arrival.


There is SO more to share about our girl, but I'll do that in the next post. Just wanted to get our big announcement out now!

18 comments:

The Giffen Family said...

Couldn't be happier to read this! So fun to finally share :)

Mary-Dare said...

Yeah! Is this the little one we talked about or did God open another door? I am so happy for you and so thankful for people with hearts like yours and Danny's. Can't wait to meet her. Love to you...

Julie said...

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! I cannot wait to hear more of the details!

Danielle said...

So exciting! I'm so happy for y'all!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you all...especially to Big Brothr Britton! Daddy Doug and GiGi could not be happier! It is wonderful to have a little face to put with our prayers. Counting the days..... G G & D D

Prentices said...

Emily I've been following your story through Kelley, and am overjoyed for your family! Britton is precious and will be a great big brother - congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am SO STINK'N EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!! And too cool about her birthday!!

Continuing to pray for you and your family as you prepare for this next big adventure!!

Sarah Beth said...

I love her! I'm am thrilled for y'all! Praise the Lord!

Sylvia Spencer said...

How exciting!!!

The Spencers

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Emily, Danny, and Britton-
I cannot wait to have another little one to love on and play with!! Congratulations.
GrandMarna

The Robertson Family said...

I just said the same thing on Facebook that you said here -- she was meant to be!! Wow. I'm so happy for you all.

The Giffen Family said...

Will just said "love you cousin" he's very excited for "Bit-tens lil' sees-ter"

Nancy said...

Emily, Danny, and Britton - Congratulations! She is just precious. (GrandMarna is busy buying Pink!)

Anonymous said...

Emily and Danny,
She is beautiful! I will be praying for all of you as you prepare your home for your new little one. What a true blessing!

Alissa

Amanda said...

Congratulations!

Kelley Brown said...

I know! I just told Scott that I couldn't imagine walking this road without you! Thank you for being so resourceful and encouraging over the last couple of days. I can't wait for our girls to play! :) Love you!

Holly said...

Just looked at your blog for the first time in a few months. So excited to hear about Lia Kate. Maybe we'll see you guys at the Easter egg hunt next spring! Congratulations!!! I'm sure Britton will be an excellent big brother.