Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day on the Farm

We went to the Petting Zoo at Oak Mountain State Park for the first time the other morning. It was such a fun time.



We met Britton's friend, Weaver, there.


The animals were extremely docile.


Yeah, that's a goat on the pony's back. The pony was extremely laid back, or tired, or old, or something. I don't think he moved from his spot the entire time we were there.




Weaver kisses one of the friendly goats.


My little curly-headed boy.




Britton didn't just want to get close to the pond, he wanted to get into the pond, which is ironic since he's not the biggest fan of water and only tolerates bath time.




Only the sheep were a little skittish around us.


Britton decided he wanted a snack and had a little meltdown.


After I gave each of the boys a vanilla wafer, the sheep decided we weren't so scary after all.


I think this drainage ditch was one of the boys' favorite things. Go figure.


Until next time ...

3 comments:

The Giffen Family said...

I love his lil' boots...so cute!! We've been looking for some to survive the rain these days - but I haven't been a big fan of the character ones. Looks like he loved his trip!

Julia said...

1. The goat and pony show keeps me coming back for more! It cracks me up every time!

2. Britton looks so cute in his little galoshes!

3. I am intrigued by the background turmoil in the meltdown picture. Suddenly the sky grows dark, the goats butt heads, and Britton melts down. How wild!

Julia said...

P.S. I hope this doesn't happen every time Britton cries, haha! :D