Thursday, November 19, 2009

Care Package

With our LOA coming in on Monday, I had to bust a move to get Lia Kate's care package together so that it would actually make it to China before we do! I got it together and mailed it out today. The care package included a fleece-y outfit, pink socks, a giraffe lovey, a disposable camera (so that her nannies can take pictures of her for us), a photo album with pictures of us and her, a butterfly toy w/ wheels, stacking cups, two little books, and nuts for her nannies. I had to include things that I did not expect to ever see again ... just in case ... but I'm hoping at the very least she'll be able to look through the photo album so that she can recognize our faces on Gotcha Day.




I found a fleece outfit that I'm hoping the orphanage will dress her in . They like to keep them warm and bundled up in the winter. And I couldn't let a plain white shirt make its way out of my house, so Lia Kate's first appliqued shirt went out in her care package.


My favorite part of the care package, though, is this little photo album with pictures of the three of us and her, too.




It was surreal to put pictures of the three of us mixed in with pictures of Lia Kate. This child in a foreign land whom we don't even know is our daughter. Surreal.


Britton looking through the album and pointing to Lia Kate. ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am just a sittin her boo hooing!!! i better get her christmas ornament ready and her little painting ready for her room! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!! can't wait for Lia Kate!! what a NAME!!
love, liz

Anonymous said...

this post made me tear up! so happy for ya'll!

memi

Mary-Dare said...

Soooo excited for ya'll. LOVE the outfit. Leave to you Em to make it even more precious and adorable. Wyatt has the same giraffe lovey and really loves it. Hope she gets to snuggle lots with it. The pictures are a great idea.
Love you-
MD

Kelley Brown said...

Love everything you included! And I never even thought about putting pictures of Virginia Grace in with ours in the photo album...what a great idea!