Thursday, December 20, 2007

Marley, Rest in Peace


My sweet, old Marley is gone. After 6 years of her being a part of my family, I am heartbroken to write that she is no longer with us. She was suffering from congestive heart failure and arthritis and after consultation with our vet, we made the decision to put her to sleep. She went out very peacefully ... she just fell asleep. A very appropriate end for a dog who spent about 22 hours a day sleeping.

She had a good life and certainly lived a *long* time for a greyhound (12 1/2 years). After spending her early years racing, she "retired" and eventually came to live with me. We've had six good years together, and it has been far more difficult than I thought to say goodbye. Danny & I already miss her sweet greetings, her handshakes & her roos. This old girl will forever be a precious part of our history.

Here are a few photos:


Taking a bath.


Enjoying (not so much) a Christmas past.


Cramming her lanky self into Piper's bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Marley :( Kaiya sends her love too.

Peggy Johnson said...

I found you! I am sad about Marley. She was a good dog! We will miss her, too. Congratulations to Danny! I only to 4 years to finish my seminary degree. Way to go to do it in 5!

Love and hugs to all three of you,
Peggy