Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Program

Britton and Lia Kate performed in their first Thanksgiving program at their preschool. All the 3-year-olds were Indians, while the 2-year-olds were turkeys and the 4-year-olds were pilgrims. They had so much fun practicing the songs at home, and both got into singing the words really loud and doing the hand motions. They were both a bit subdued when they got on stage for their program, but at least they didn't run out of the room screaming ... a very plausible scenario!



Britton was scanning the room the whole time he was up there, looking for us. His headband pushed his hair down over his eyes and so his head was cocked up, looking out from under his long bangs, trying to find us. It was pretty cute.

I had a hard time seeing Lia Kate on stage from where I was sitting. And she was intently looking for us. At one point, the crowds parted and our eyes made contact. Her face lit up. And just then they started singing the I Am Thankful song. "I am thankful, I am thankful, for my family, for my family..." She sang it as she looked at me. It was a precious moment.




We went back to their preschool rooms after the program and admired all the turkey art.




Loved seeing what Lia Kate was thankful for. I thought it was funny that giraffes made her thankful tree. As I looked around the room, I saw a huge giraffe cut out on the wall. I'm guessing that was her inspiration. And love that my Mima made her thankful tree! ;o)

(Pic of Britton's thankful tree to be added!)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Britton looks SO much like you!! Do people still say he looks like Danny? I love seeing what they say they are thankful for.. One of Nathan's this year was his bed which I thought was so funny!!