Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Surprise

We had a sweet surprise this past weekend ... we ran into the doctor who delivered saved Britton's life early on the morning of January 8, 2008! We haven't seen him since we checked out of the NICU when Britton was 6 weeks old...

That was then.


This is now.


Dr. W is our hero. Since it had been two years since we saw him, I wasn't sure he would recognize us. But when we walked up to him, he had a big smile on his face and told me he knew who we were the minute we walked in the door. We will certainly never, ever forget him and what he did to save our son, and I don't think he'll ever forget Britton and the big miracle that happened early that January morn.

2 comments:

Katie Caldwell said...

reading this post brings tears to my eyes, as SCC's "Beauty Will Rise" is playing on my iTunes and I'm holding Weaver in my lap and he's asking about Lia Kate because he recognizes the music from her gotcha day video. you are such a special family. we are blessed to know you and partake just a bit in your amazing story. love you guys.

Tonya Pollard said...

Emily, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was in the NICU with my son when your son was there. My name is Tonya Pollard, and my son's name is Abram Pollard. You and your husband have been such an inspiration for me. Your children are truly beautiful. When I seen this picture of Dr.W, I was flooded with emotion, because he too had a hand in saving Abram's life as well. In retrospect, I'm so glad my regular doctor was on vacation that week. He,like you and your husband, truly exudes his compassion and sincerity. (I can't go without also mentioning nurse Amy. I will never forget her going back and forth to you and I, when both of our sons were facing their fight for life.) Dr.W, Amy and your family will always be truly remarkable people forever in my heart.